At Positive Life we aim to be the voice of people living with HIV in Northern Ireland. We do this by engaging with a range of stakeholders to ensure that our issues are being heard and that we receive support and work collectively with those in the sexual health field and other stakeholders.
We sit on the following groups:
- All Party Group for Sexual Health
- Sexual Health Improvement Network
- Sexual Health Information Exchange Group
Our advocacy work is guided by the principle that every person should be valued and respected, and ensures that people are not ignored and excluded because of the prejudices they face. Advocacy promotes a person centred approach in everything it aims to achieve and is based on the belief that everyone has the right to:
- be respected and listened to
- be involved in decisions that affect their lives
- have aspirations for their future
Over the coming months we will be developing our policy & advocacy work. As part of this we will be engaging with service users to form a policy group. The group will provide an environment to outline key issues and discuss how they could be addressed.